Curious Friday/What I did today.

Friday, February 18, 2011

So. Today Lola and I went for a walk. It was absolutely beautiful outside, although windy. I put on some tennis shoes and Lee's big sweatshirt, grabbed some plastic grocery bags for poop pick-up, and off we went. It has been a LONG time since Lola has been on a walk. Luckily, my mom's house has a pretty big yard, so I can just let her out and she runs around and plays in the snow, and then I don't have to go out in the bitter cold. (Have I mentioned how much I hate the cold? Because I do.) I've been feeling guilty about not taking her out, but since falling on the ice last month, I thought I had better play it safe.
She was so excited! She pooped like 13 times... I was not happy because every time I had to somehow bend over and pick it up, while simultaneously trying to not fall over from her pulling me to the next tree or pee-spot. I wanted to scold her, and I know we'll have to do some re-training before the bean gets here so that she'll walk calmly next to the stroller, but it was her first time out in a long while... so I let it go.
About halfway through our walk, I started getting really intense back pain (what else is new, right?). I figure that it's because my posture is so thrown off from the bean. I'm definitely excited to get back to being active after she's out. When we got home, I drank some H2O and rested for 15 minutes or so until I went back outside and started picking up dog poop from around the yard. I'm trying to clear away as much as I can before it starts snowing again, and the job becomes even more miserable in the spring. I picked up about half (with Lola sleeping on the deck... I guess our walk tired her out) before getting such bad back pain that I couldn't stand up straight. I had to shuffle, all hunched over like a little old lady, back to the house. I was afraid of becoming stiff if I just laid down, so I took a very hot shower instead. That seemed to help with the pain a bit, but not completely. I did my prenatal yoga dvd (BD would be proud), hoping it would stretch me out, but I just became more tired. So as of now, I'm in the recliner with my feet up and a heating pad on my back.

Now, after all of that unneeded information, my question to you is: How did physical exercise go for you in your remaining weeks of pregnancy? Did you sit on the couch (like I do sometimes) because of bed rest, or pain, and eat your heart out? Were you active up until the end? Did you have to quit your "fitness" routine? And how did that affect the arrival of your child? I've heard that active mamas tend to deliver early, and couch potatoes tend to be late. Is that true based off your experience? I would like to know. :)

Also, two clicks for a tired preggo? Thanks!
Vote For Us @

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...