Coming weeks.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

We're getting really close. I know I say that often, but I'm 34 weeks today. So, each day will feel closer I guess. :) 3 weeks from today, I will be full term. Then the baby can come at any point and they won't stop my labor. I would like her to wait a bit past 37 weeks... to 38 or 39 weeks, but I guess as long as she's full term (or early term, as they're calling it now) it's fine with me. We have basically everything we need now (baby-product-wise), so that makes me feel much better. We're still apartment searching, which is frustrating. (Reasons why I wanted to get an apartment back in October.) I just want to be settled and be able to do the nursery before she comes. I want to be ready and waiting, not surprised and un-prepared. I guess we'll see how it goes.
I've been wondering how things will happen, lately. I really want to remember every minute of the bean's birth story. And as I sit here typing, I think, "could it happen now?" Will my water break first? And if it does, will it be when BD is with me? sleeping? in public? at work? Will I have the same contractions I've been having every day since mid-January, and then one day they just won't go away... but they'll get worse? I guess I'll find out eventually... but I'm just curious. :)
I'm so excited for that moment. The "she's on her way" moment. When I know that I'll be a mommy. For real. No more random hospital stays (the count is currently at 5) and scares. BD and I talked about that first night in the hospital after she's born, and how I can't wait for sleep and to lay on my belly. :) And to have that little baby, of course. I love her so much, and I can't wait to hold her in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...