Life sucks sometimes.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

A friend of a friend passed away recently. She was a mama, and was in the hospital giving birth to her son when your Daddy and I were there with you on Thursday after I fell outside. Her son was born at 9:00 that night while we were there, listening to your hiccups and trying to get the contractions to stop. This mommy didn't get better, though. She was in a lot of pain. I'm not sure why she died, I don't think the doctors know either. But I think her uterus stopped receiving blood. All her organs started to fail, and she passed away 5 days after her son was born. I hope she is at peace and no longer in pain and her son will grow up knowing how much she loved and wanted him.
This makes me so scared! Not that this will happen to me, necessarily, but that somehow I will leave you alone to fend for yourself. I want to be there with you. I want to teach you. And I want to love you until I can't anymore.
I'm not really worried. Your mommy will be there. There's just that small glimmer of fear every time you give me sharp pains or when you kick me in the ribs. So, stop worrying your mommy please, okay? Thanks. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...