Favorite Pins of the Week

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm not sure if you know this or not, but I'm addicted to Pinterest. I LOVE to find new and ambitious projects to work on... and I'm doing alright so far. And by that I mean that I've done a few of them.

I love the inspiration. I kept seeing all of these beautiful crocheted things, and I kept asking myself why I didn't just buck up and learn how to crochet already. So, I found a video to teach me... via Pinterest, of course. And now I'm learning new patterns and stitches every day. In fact, I'm actually working on a pretty neat hat for myself at the moment. I'll post a picture when I'm finished (probably by tomorrow). Leave me a comment if you like it and I'll send you the pattern.

Anywho... off topic again, of course. You should join Pinterest. And follow me. And just to give you some inspiration to go and do just that, I posted five of my favorite pins this week.

I'm thinking of making this a weekly post, and I would appreciate some feedback if you agree.

I would also appreciate if you would VOTE for this blog on TopBabyBlogs.com. PLEASE!? Just click on the yellow banner at the bottom of the post, or the blue "click me" button to your left. Or, by clicking here. It would make Clara and I both very happy. :D



1. Spaghetti Squash

I'm on a Low/No Carb, no sugar diet (more on that later). This took care of my pasta fix.

2. Modern Quit
I've been wanting to start a quilt for Clara, using squares cut out of her outfits. So rather than save everything, I can just save a portion of it, and she can have it for years to come. Plus, then I don't have to hold onto everything. I had a hard time finding a pattern I liked, though. Put I LOVE this one. I think it would be fantastic!

3. Hair Tutorial
This site has all sorts of hair tutorials. See something you like? There's a step-by-step guide on teaching you how to do it. I did one, shown in this post, last week. Super easy. My hair has been short the last couple of years, and it's like I forgot what to do with long hair. These tutorials give me a refresher course, as well as new ways to be creative.


4. New Uses for Old Things
Like using Lemon Kool-Aid to clean your dishwasher. Or using dryer lint to make modeling dough. Or using a dish rack to organize crayons and coloring books. Or using a martini shaker as a glitter dispenser. Ok, I don't really agree with that last one. Use a salt shaker or something. No need to ruin a good martini shaker. But you get the point, right? Pinterest has all sorts of really easy fixes to save you money, make you more organized, and make fun project a snap to do with your kids. Check 'em out!

5. Motivation
I admit, I do not have the healthiest body image. I'm doing my best to change that. I'm sticking to my diet... I could use more of a workout, but I like motivational stuff like this to keep me on track. "Thinspo", if you will. Now, I would never let Clara see stuff like this. I'm not recommending that anyone else use this type of image either. But it helps me stay on track. Pinterest also has workouts that you can find, lifestyle changes, and funny stuff about losing weight. If you have the same motivation/inspiration style that I do, check out my inspiration board. It has pictures, words, workouts, outfits, funny stuff... everything I like to keep me motivated. Let me know what you think. Leave a comment!

Also, PLEASE vote by clicking the banner below. kthanksbye.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

(Single)Mommy said...

I am sooo addicted to pinterest! lol I just followed you :) There's actually a blog hop where you can link up your fave pins I have it in one of my posts

Laura Lee said...

Oh, that's so cool! I'll definitely check it out!

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...