Friday: Things I've found this week.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I know, I know. It's Saturday Sunday. It's been busy around here, yo. I had my two nephews and my niece Friday night until last night. And Clara. Four kids is a lot to handle. I don't know how my sister does it every day. Definitely makes me rethink having more than one. 

Enjoy the things I find enjoyable.

1. The Busy Budgeting Mother: The organization. Oh-my-goodness the organization. I love this woman. I want to be her. I want to store her craftiness in a bottle and pull it out every time I fail at using scissors. 

2. The $5 Savings Plan: Such a fantastic idea! I don't know how I didn't think of it sooner. 

3. Valentine's Day Baby Born With Heart-Shaped Birthmark: And from Hillsdale, Michigan nonetheless. How cool! This baby was blessed in a special way.

4. Healthy Homemade Snacks for Toddlers: With my niece and nephew constantly saying they were hungry, I wanted to make them something healthy that they would like, too. I made them the energy bites and my niece said they tasted like cookies. Totally making baked apple rings for Clara this week. Side note: Check out the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook. She hides veggie purees in her kids food to boost nutritional content. Smart lady!

5. Kid Rex: The kid-safe search engine. Hey, it's better than some of the results Google spits out.

6. Ten Words You NEED to Stop Misspelling: FINALLY! Seriously. I am so annoyed when college grads use "YOUR" for EVERYTHING. YOU ARE = YOU'RE. Really, it's not that difficult.

7. I'm Not Raising Princesses: Love this blog! It's so true. Disney teaches you that if you wait long enough, so matter what horrible conditions you're living in, your prince will come to sweep you off your feet. This is so not fair. It holds men and women to a completely ridiculous standard. It's the start of a horrible body image in our little girls. Have you ever seen a fat disney princess. Nope. (Mulan is the only one I really like. But I wouldn't call her a disney "princess". Just a kick-ass lady.)

8. 25 Ways to Talk so Children Will Listen: I've come to learn that listening skills aren't prevalent in many children. I don't want that to be the case with Clara. But I also didn't want to be a super-strict parent. I like these tips on how to get down to your child's level and really talk to them.

9. Five Worst Times of the Day for Parents: True. I'm spoiled. Clara has a wonderful babysitter, but my least favorite time of the day is when I have to leave her and go to work. And also between 11 and 12 at night when I know I need to go to bed, but I have so much left to do.

10. Reality TV vs. Reality: Teen Mom infographic. Informative. Plus, I enjoy infographics.


Please vote for us if you enjoy this post, this blog, or this mama & baby. 
We would be very grateful. 
I can't offer you anything in exchange. Except this gold star. You can have it if you vote. 

Thanks!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the Teen Mom infographic- very interesting!

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...