Thankful Thursdays

Friday, September 30, 2011


A bit late, I know. Sorry.

Today, Clara had her 6 month check-up. Which we all know means vaccinations. I'm not the one getting the shots, but I was still dreading it. Clara is developing so well. And I really like the new NP at her doctor's office.
I'm realizing more and more how lucky I am that Clara has been sleeping through the night since she was a month old. Normally, she sleeps from around 9:30-10 at night until anywhere between 8 and 10:30 in the morning. Crazy, right? And she still takes naps during the day. We've been at a steady 2 naps- one about 2 hours after she wakes up (Is that weird to anyone else?) and one from about 5-7 at night. Both are usually two hours. RIDICULOUS.
Anyway, Clara is now 15 lbs 3 oz and 26 in. 35th percentile for weight, and 50th for height, I do believe. I'm so proud she's growing so strong. :) Also, she is rolling over much better than Monday. All in a week! It's been quite the week for Clara.
In total, she had 5 vaccines in 3 shots. I had to hold her arms down. :( She just cried and cried... harder with each shot. I declined the flu vaccine for her, though. In my experience, the years I've opted for the flu shot for myself, I get sick. No flu shot? I don't get sick. Maybe it's a conspiracy. Besides, she was already getting so much injected into her poor little chunky thighs. And those needles are HUGE. I can't believe they don't hit femur while in there. Eww...
Post traumatic experience, she got some pain reliever, and slept for most of the day. During her awake times, she was rather fussy and a bit feverish. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. :) TGIF!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the UK we have vaccines when they are 2 months, 3 months and 4 months then his next ones are when he's just over a year old. Happy Half Birthday Clara ... such a cutie!

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...