MOPS

Tuesday, September 20, 2011



Today, I had my first MOPS meeting. That is, Mothers of Preschoolers. It was held at my cousin's church. I have to say I'm in love. I don't post often about my religion, as it's a deeply personal matter to me, but it was so nice to be surrounded by christian women who are in similar stages of life. Obviously, the one thing we all have in common is that we're mothers.
I don't feel alone anymore. I feel like I have more people that I can talk to and share stories with.
The theme of today's meeting was organization. We talked about different strategies of keeping our lives and spaces organized. I found someone who does extreme couponing, and I can't wait to learn her ways! That's probably the most exciting. :) And we made dry erase boards from picture frames, and fabric. Pretty awesome, I think.
During the meetings, they have volunteers in the nursery stay with everyone's children. It was great to have "grown-up time", while not being too far away from Clara. And she was SO good.
After spending 6 months almost completely being cared for by yours truly, I expected her to have some sort of stranger anxiety. None. She was happy, as usual, and loved being around the other kids. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a happily-natured lil chicken. :)

Do you participate in MOPS? Tell me about it!

4 comments:

Jordan Marie @ hottlt.com said...

Hello Laura!!
I saw that you signed into my blog friend google thingy.. Thanks so much! I am following you back!

Omgosh.. I want to join a MOPS group so bad, but have to wait until we move, because we aren't near public transportation and car sharing with Letti's Daddy right now. I can't wait to meet all the moms and the community mops creates.

I can't wait to catch up on your posts.

<3xojo

Laura Lee said...

Thanks, Jordan! It's a fantastic program!

Laura Lee said...

Also, really weird, but you don't show up in my followers

Teri S said...

I have actually wanted to join something like that but I'm not so good at the trying new things by myself kind of thing. I am so glad you found something for you. You need that and deserve that <3

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...