How Awesome

Sunday, November 27, 2011

That's right. I feel as though I deserve the title "Awesome" right now. I just weighed myself for the first time since Oct. 27th (It's the day I weigh myself... I always remember because Clara was born on the 26th, so on the 27th of each month, I weigh myself). I struggled with eating disorders in college, and I still struggle with thoughts, so there's not many people that I share my weight loss with. What can I say, old habits die hard. I was used to keeping everything to myself for so long. Keeping secrets about how much I exercised that day, or how I'd been fasting for 4-8 days at a time. Ridiculous, I know! I can't believe I did that stuff. I wish I could say I've given up on all of that. I still struggle with it daily. It's so much faster to lose weight that way, but it's not healthy. And now I don't just have myself to think about. Clara is in this, too. I want her to have a healthy body image. I never want her to hear me say that I think I'm fat. So, I've taken a pledge to do things the healthy way. I've always eaten healthy. I'm not a big sugar fan. But OMG, the carbs! I've cut out a lot of carbs to help with my weight loss, but I know I can't keep it up forever. I love bread too much, haha. I've changed my diet to mostly vegetables and fruits with lean meat. I barely eat red meat. I've been going mostly vegetarian, come to think of it. (Minus Turkey Day, of course.) I can say I've felt better than I have in years! I've been doing P90X for 3 weeks now, and I've lost 25 POUNDS of gross baby fat since Oct. 27th! I can't believe it. I barely noticed a difference until I tried on a shirt the other day that was wayyy too tight on Halloween, and now it's loose! Yay for me! Because I'm awesome. :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Rachel Gabrielle said...

i'm proud of you! Mostly I'm proud that you're doing things the healthy way :)
I know it feels great to put something on that used to fit differently and now it's too loose, too big or w/e, it's an awesome feeling, and continues to shock me every time it happens!
LOOOOOOVE YOU! Missing you SO FREAKING MUCH!!!

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...