Things I'm tired of hearing while being pregnant.

Monday, October 4, 2010

1. All of the you-shouldn't-do-this or you-should-do-this.

I know that people mean well, and that they have their own opinions, but they should keep them to themselves. "You know, you shouldn't be drinking that coffee". "That's too heavy for you to lift". "You should really be walking more".
I'm not stupid. Everything I do, I've read about and done my research, or have asked my doctor. I'm not going to intentionally do something to put my baby in danger. Once again, I know that everyone means well, but I'm just tired of hearing it.

2. What are you going to do with Lola?

Anyone who asks that does not know me very well. Lola is my first baby. That's like asking someone what they're going to do with their first born when their second baby comes.

3. Comments from other moms who have been through pregnancy.

"Just WAIT until the third trimester... it gets worse" "You HAVE to have an epidural." "Your life is going to change SO much once the baby is born."
NO, REALLY?? Are you kidding me? Do you think I'm stupid? Do you WANT to scare the shit out of me? Once again, I know that they mean well, but please realize that yours are not the only comments that I'm hearing.

4. "How far along are you?" "14 weeks." "Oh, I miscarried at 14 weeks,"

REALLY?! What is wrong with you?

5. Asking what names I'm thinking, then disapproving of them right away.

No one has liked a single name I have picked. Or they say things like, "Oh... that's... interesting." Which is why I've decided not to tell anyone what names I've chosen. The names I have picked are no longer up for discussion, and you won't know until after the baby's born.

6. The absence of morning sickness.

"Oh, you didn't have any morning sickness? That means it's a boy." "Oh, you're so lucky that you didn't have morning sickness, pregnancy must be so easy for you."
People act like I'm the most blessed person in the world just because I'm not constantly throwing up. Just because I'm not puking all day does not mean that pregnancy is not hard. I admit, I am extremely lucky to not be sick all of the time. But they act like I can do anything and everything because of it. I'm still constantly tired, have a constant cold, and cramps.



Once again, I know that people mean well, but please think about things. The only comments I want to hear are how I'm going to make a wonderful mother, and how cute my baby is going to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clara and I would LOVE to hear what you think. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...